UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) has invited online application for filling up 415 vacancies in Navy, Army, and Air Force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA). Each year twice UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts NDA & NA Exam consisting of Written Examination and SSB Interview. Written Exam can be conducted by UPSC on 17/11/2019 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA (National Defence Academy) for the 144 Course, and for the 106 INAC (Indian Naval Academy Course) commencing from 02/07/2020.
Important dates – UPSC NDA & NA 2019 Recruitment
|Important Dates for UPSC NDA II 2019 Exam|
|Online applications submission Dates||07/08/ 2019 till 03/09/ 2019|
|Last date for Online Payment||03/09/ 2019 (6:00 PM)|
|Last date for Offline Payment (Pay by Cash)||02/09/ 2019 (23:59 hrs)|
|Facility to withdraw application form||10/09/2019 to 17/09/2019 (6:00 PM)|
|144th Course for the NDA and 106th Course for the Naval Academy||Commencing from 02/07/2020|
UPSC NDA & NA 2 2019 VACANCIES
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) NDA & NA 2 2019 vacancies detail are given below:
|UPSC NDA & NA 2 2019 Recruitment||Total No. of Vacancies|
|National Defence Academy||Army||208|
|Air||120 (including 28 for Ground Duties)|
|Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)||45|
Before applying for the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) NDA & NA 2 2019 Examination, applicants ought to make certain that they fulfil all the eligibility norms together with age, educational qualification(s), upper age limit, Physical Standards and Medical Standards.
UPSC NDA & NA 2019 Recruitment – Eligibility Criteria
So, let’s look into the Eligibility Criteria for UPSC NDA & NA II 2019 2019 Recruitment Process:
Age Limit, Sex, And Marital Status:
Only unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 02/01/2001 and not later than 01/01/2004 are eligible.
|Age Limit||Age (years)|
|Minimum Age for candidates||15.7 years (not later than 1st January 2004)/ 16 years during the commencement of course|
|Maximum Age for candidates||18.7 years (not earlier than 2nd January 2001)/ 19 years during the commencement of course|
Educational Qualifications (As on 24/06/2020)
|NDA & NA 2 2019||Educational Qualification for Candidates|
|Qualification detail for Army Wing of NDA||12th Class passes of the +2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.|
|Qualification for Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy (NDA) and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy||+2 Class pass of the +2 pattern of School Education & equivalent with Mathematics and Physics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.|
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the +2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination will also apply for this examination. These candidates ought to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by 24/06/ 2020.
- Such applicants who qualify the SSB (Service Selection Board) interview, however, couldn’t create 10th/+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview ought to forward duly self-attested copies to Directorate General of Recruiting, Army headquarters, West Block.3, R.K.Puram, New Delhi110066’ and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011’ by 24/06/ 2020 failing that their candidature can be cancelled.
- Applicants showing within the 11th class examination are not eligible for this examination.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS FOR UPSC NDA & NA 2 2019 VACANCIES
- Height and weight: The minimum acceptable height is 157 cms(162.5 cms. for Air Force). For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable heights can be 5 cms less. In case of applicants from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height will be reduced by 2 cms. Height and weight proper standards are given below:
|Male Ideal Nude Weights for Different Age Groups and Heights for ARMY/AIR FORCE (10% variation on higher side of average acceptable)|
|Height (in centimeter) Without Shoes||Age Range (in Years) / Weight (in Kilograms)|
Height relaxable upto 2.5 cm can be allowed where the Medical Board certifies that the applicant is likely to grow and come up to the needed standard on completion of his training.
|Male Ideal Nude Weights for Different Age Groups and Heights for Navy (10 percent variation on higher side of average acceptable)|
|Height (in centimeter) Without Shoes||16 years||18 years||20 years|
- Chest Measurement: Chest should be well developed. Fully expanded chest ought to be less than 81 centimeters. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 centimeters.
- Visual Standard for Army candidates: Visual Standard for Army candidates are given below:
|Vision standard for Army Applicants|
|Distance Vision for Army Applicants (Corrected)||Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/9|
|Colour vision||CP-III (Defective Safe).|
|Myopia ought to be more than -2.5D including astigmatism and manifest hypermetropia not more than +3.5D including Astigmatism.|
|Vision standard for Naval Applicants|
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6, 6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||–0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of colour perception||I|
|Visual Standards for Air Force|
|Applicants who habitually wear spectacle||Not eligible for Air Force|
|Minimum distant vision for Air Force Applicants||6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia|