The official notification has been released by UPSC for Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2019. The aspirants who have interests in IPS, IAS, and IFS etc. can apply to appear for these services and can appear in the civil services examination (CSE) 2019. The examination will be conducted on 2nd June 2019. The aspirants can very easily apply online www.upsconline.nic.in. The applicants are required to complete the online application form which contains two stages – Part I & Part II as per the given instructions. The online application forms of UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2019 can be filled from 19th Feb. to 19th March 2019 till 18:00 hrs. The notifications contain important information such as UPSC CSE exam pattern, syllabus, medical requirement facilities, etc.
UPSC Examination Calendar 2019: Important Dates
|Detailed Information’s||Important Dates|
|Civil Service Prelims & Indian Forest Service Prelims Date of Notification||19th February, 2019|
|Civil Service Prelims & Indian Forest Service Prelims Last Date of Application||18th March, 2019|
|Date :UPSC CSE Prelims 2019 & IFS Prelims 2018||2nd June, 2019|
|Date: UPSC CSE Mains 2019||20th September, 2019|
|Date: UPSC IFS Mains 2019 ( Only for the Indian Forest Service Aspirants)||1st December, 2019|
|Date: UPSC IFS Personality Test (Interview) 2019-20 (Only for Indian Forest Service Aspirants)||January 2019|
|Date: UPSC CSE Personality Test ( Interview ) 2019-20||February- March 2020|
Total Number of Vacancies
On the basis of UPSC CSE results in 2019, the number of vacancies to be filled is approx. 896
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam – Syllabus
The Civil Services Preliminary Examination comprises of two compulsory papers each of 200 marks which includes: General Studies Paper I & General Studies Paper II. The questions which are asked are of multiples choices or objective type. The marks obtained in the preliminary exam will not be counted for the final ranking but it is just for qualification for entering in the main examination.
UPSC Syllabus for Paper I: Max. Marks: 200 Marks: Duration: Two Hours
(Counted for Merit Rank in the Preliminary Exam)
- Indian & World Geography – Social, Physical, Economic Geography of India & the World.
- Currents events of national and international importance.
- Indian National Movement & History of India.
- Indian Polity & Governance- Political System, Panchayati Raj, Constitution, Public Policy, Right Issues etc.
- Economic and Social development sustainable development, demographics, poverty, inclusion etc.
- General Science
- General issues on Environmental ecology, climate change, bio-diversity which does not require subject specialization.
UPSC Syllabus for Paper II:
Max. Marks: 200 | Duration: Two Hours
(Qualifying Paper not counted for Merit Rank in Prelims)
- Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability.
- Decision-making & problem-Solving.
- General Mental Ability.
- Basic Numeracy (numbers & their relations, the order of magnitude, etc.)
Class X level: Data Interpretation (Charts, Tables, Graphs, Data Sufficiency), etc. Class X level.
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam – Eligibility Conditions
For an Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service or Indian Foreign Service, the candidates must be a citizen of India.
For the other services, candidates must be:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who had come to India before 1st January 1962 having the intention of permanent settlement in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Vietnam, etc.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years as well as must not have attained the age of 32 yrs. on 1st August 2019; he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1987 and not later than 1st August 1998.
The upper age limit is relaxable:
- For SC/ST: 5 yrs.
- Other Backward Classes: 3 yrs.
- Defense Personnel Services: 3 yrs.
- For Ex-Servicemen including Commissioned Officers & ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered 5 yrs. service Military Services as on 1st August 2019: 5 yrs.
1.Up to Maximum 10 yrs. in case of:
- blindness & low vision
- hard of hearing & deaf
2. Locomotors Disability such as dwarfism, acid attack victims, cerebral palsy, etc.
- If a candidate had domiciled in State of Jammu & Kashmir during the first period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.
- The details of functional classification & physical requirements of each service are indicated in the notice which is prescribed and identified by the respective cadre controlling authorities (CCAs) as per provision of Sec. 33 & 34 of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
The aspirants have to work very hard for getting success in UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2019. All the best to all the aspirants for their bright future and success.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized University or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament.
- Candidates who have appeared in final year examination or intend to appear in the final exam and results are awaited are also eligible for applying in the preliminary examination.
- All candidates who have qualified for Preliminary examination must present a proof of passed Bachelor Degree to appear in the Civil Services Main Examination. This degree has to be necessarily attached to the application for the main examinations.
- The candidates with the professional & technical bachelor’s degree are recognized by govt. are also eligible to apply to BE, MBBS, etc.
All the aspirants appearing in the UPSC Civil Services Examination 2019 will get all the detailed information from the official notification released on the official portal regarding the important notification dates, syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, application fees, etc. The interested candidates can also very easily apply online and can fill their application forms online by filling all the details carefully with great attention.