Union Public Service Commission conducts Combined Defence Service (CDS) for the young men and women. Combined Defence Service (CDS) exam is conducted twice a year by which you can join any of the three wings – Navy, Air Force and Army. A large number of candidates appear for the exam which is conducted at a national level. CDS I will be conducted in the month of February and CDS II will be conducted in the month of September. The candidates must check all the details about the UPSC CDS 2019 exam before applying for it as they should check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
UPSC CDS 2019 Application Process
The notification to fill the application form released on 31st October, 2018 and the candidates have to fill form of CDS 2019 apply online from the official website of UPSC. Only the application submitted online will be accepted as no application will be accepted from any other mode. Following are the important things which the candidates must check before submitting the application form:-
- Log on to the official Website of Union Public Service Commission.
- Click on the link ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’.
- There will be 2 parts of the registration and it is mandatory for the candidates to appear for both the parts.
- Click on the link. Start filling the part 1 of the registration.
- After completing the part 1 registration, the candidates will receive part a valid registration ID.
- Then the part 2 of the registration must be completed which includes the scanned images of the signature and the photograph.
- The application fee must be paid by the candidates and have to select the examination centres.
- All the information must be checked by the candidates before finally submitting the application.
- After all the process will be completed, an auto generated mail will be sent to your email id.
UPSC CDS 2019Application fee
The application fee is Rs.200 which must be paid by the candidates from which all the SC/ST candidates are exempted from the application fee. Even all the female candidates are exempted from the application fee of cds exam (i) 2019. The fee can be paid online or through offline mode. The fee can also be deposited in any branch of SBI and it can also be paid online through debit card/ credit card or through net banking. The application fee is non refundable.
UPSC CDS 2019 Eligibility criteria
The candidates must also check the eligibility criteria whenever cds notification 2019 is released. Below are the details provided for the eligibility:-
- The candidates should be a citizen of India.
- Those candidates who migrated to India before 1962 from Nepal, Refugee of Tibet and Bhutan are also eligible. Those people of Indian origin are also eligible who migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries and Pakistan is eligible.
- The unmarried male candidates are also eligible for AFA/IMA/OTA/NA. Those married male candidates above the age of 25 years are also eligible for AFA. For SSC unmarried women, issueless divorcees, issueless widows are also eligible.
UPSC CDS 2019 Educational qualification
|( OTA & IMA ) Officers Training academy and Indian Military Academy||The degree of graduation from any recognised institution|
|AFA ( Air Force academy)||Bachelor of engineering or Graduation with mathematics or physics at 10+2 level|
|INA ( Indian Naval Academy)||Degree of engineering from any recognised university|
UPSC CDS 2019 Exam dates
The cds exam dates 2019 have been released by Union Public Service Commission. The exam dates for CDS 1 and CDS 2 are released by UPSC.
|Exam events||CDS 1||CDS 2|
|Official notification released||31st October, 2018||12th June, 2019|
|Online registration starts||31st October, 2018||12th June, 2019|
|Last date for the submission of the application||26th November, 2018||8th July, 2019|
|Release of admit card||11th January, 2019||Will be released 3 weeks before the examination|
|Exam date||3rd February, 2019||8th September, 2019|
|Result announcement||March, 2019||October, 2019|
UPSC CDS 2019 Admit card
The admit card of UPSC Combined defence services examination (i) 2019 will be released on the official website of Union Public Service Commission. It is very important for the candidates to bring the admit card with them so that they can get the entry in the examination hall. Then candidates can download the admit card easily:-
- Log on to the official website of Union Public Service Commission i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
- Search for the link of admit card.
- Click on the link and then you have to enter the registration number and the password.
- Click on ‘submit’. You will be redirected to a new page where admit card will open and download it.
- Take the print out of the admit card and save it.
UPSC CDS 2019 Syllabus
The candidates must check for the CDS 2019 syllabus so that they can prepare for the exam accordingly. The syllabus of all the subjects of English, Mathematics and General Knowledge must be downloaded by the candidates so that they can score well. The selection process of the CDS exam has three processes which are as follows:-
- Written Examination
- Interview and Personality Test
- Medical Fitness test
For IMA, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy, the exam will be of maximum marks will be 300 marks. For Officers training Academy, the exam will be of maximum marks of 200.
The candidates must check for the official notification on the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
Also Check:- UPSC NDA Exam 2019