State bank of India conducts the exam of PO (probationary officer) every year to recruit the eligible candidates. A large number of candidates apply for the exam of SBI PO. There is a lot of competition among the candidates to get the job of SBI PO, so for this, the candidates must prepare very well so as to clear the exam.
The cut off for the exam is high so the preparation should be done from the best books and according to the syllabus so that they can prepare the important topics. This is a great opportunity for the candidates to get the SBI PO job.
The examination is held in two phases i.e. preliminary and mains exam. Those who will clear the preliminary exam will appear for the mains exam. Only those candidates will be shortlisted who will clear the cut off marks. Before appearing for the exam the candidates must check the SBI PO exam pattern so that they know it before the exam.
In the preliminary exam, there will be three sections which are numerical ability, reasoning ability, and English. There will be total 100 questions out of which 30 questions from English, 35 sections from reasoning ability and 35 sections from numerical ability. The time duration for the exam is 60 minutes.
For the preparation of the exam, the candidates must prepare according to the latest SBI PO syllabus. The candidates can check which topics they should practice more. For this, the candidates can check the previous year question papers so that they can check the exam pattern and the questions which come. There are various books from which the candidates can prepare for the state bank of India probationary exam. Some of the books for the various subjects are as follows:-
Books for the English language
- S.P. Bakshi- Objective general English – Arihant
- Lucent publication – General English –Lucent
- Arun Sharma, Meenakshi upadhyay–Verbal ability and reading comprehension– McGraw hill
Books for reasoning ability
- B.S.sijwali & Indu Sijwali-A new approach to reasoning –Arihant
- RS Aggarwal –Verbal and nonverbal reasoning (English) – S.chand
- Kiran publication –Tricky approach to competitive Reasoning (Hindi)–Kiran
- MK Pandey – analytical reasoning
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Arihant –Fast track objective arithmetic
- Arun Sharma – Quantitative aptitude
- RS Aggarwal – Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams
- M Tyra –magical book for quicker math
- Sarvesh K Verma-Quantitative aptitude for Quantum CAT
- Books for computer awareness
- Arihant publications –Objective computer awareness
- Arihant publications – Computer Jaagrukta (Hindi)
- Kiran Prakashan –objective computer knowledge and literacy
- Books for General awareness
- S.chand – advanced objective general knowledge
- Manorama Yearbook 2018 (English/Hindi)
- India 2018 (English /Hindi)
These books have all the topics given in detail so the candidates can prepare from latest SBI PO Study material for the prelims and mains exam. Along with these books, the candidates can also prepare by practicing the mock tests and sample papers. As the competition is increasing day by day it is very important for the candidates to prepare hard so that they can clear the cutoff.