The SBI PO exam is conducted by the State Bank of India (SBI) every year for selecting candidates for the post of Probationary Officer for various different branches across India. There are about two thousand vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer that are also known as Management Trainees. Every year lakhs of candidates apply for this examination owing to the growth opportunities offered by the bank and therefore, there is high competition.
On 2nd April, the SBI PO 2019 Notification was released on the official website of the State Bank of India which is https://www.sbi.co.in/ that announced two thousand vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer (PO). Furthermore, there are about one hundred and thirty-three posts for LD, VI, HI, D & E category candidates.
SBI PO Exam Recruitment 2019: Important Dates
|SBI PO 2019 online registration (including editing/ modification of application)||2nd – 22nd April 2019|
|Payment of application fee/ intimation charges||2nd – 22nd April 2019|
|Download of call letter for online preliminary examination||3rd week of May 2019 onwards|
|SBI PO 2019 Preliminary Exam Date||8th, 9th, 15th and 16th June 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Preliminary Exam Result||1st week of July, 2019|
|Download of Call Letter for online main examination||2nd week of July, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Main Exam Date||20th July 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Main Exam Result||3rd week of August, 2019|
|Download of call letter for group exercises and interview||4th week of August, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Group Exercises and Interview Date||September 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Final Result||2nd week of October, 2019|
SBI PO Exam Recruitment 2019: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have graduated from any recognised University, in any discipline. Otherwise, they should have an equivalent qualification that is recognised by the Central Government of India.
- Students who are in the final year of their Graduation can also apply for the post of SBI Probationary Officer in an Interview. However, they will have to pass the graduation examination is on or before 31st August, 2019.
- Those candidates who have the Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should make sure that the passing date of IDD is on or before 31st August, 2019.
- Candidates who are looking for Chartered Accountant qualification can also apply for the SBI PO examination.
- The age limit for the candidates is between 21 to 30 years. Candidates must have been born not later than 1st April, 1998 and not earlier than 2nd April, 1989 (both days inclusive).
- The candidate should be proficient in reading, writing and speaking the native language of his State or Union Territory.
- Candidates should either be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, of Indian origin and have migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam or from East Indian countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi with the intention of settling permanently in India; a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement. Candidates must possess an eligibility certificate that is issued by the Government of India.
- The age relaxation for various different categorise is given in the following table:
|Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Class (OBC) (Non-Creamy layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – SC/ST||15 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – OBC||13 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) -GEN/EWS||10 years|
|Ex Servicemen; Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs), Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have 5 years military service experience and have been released on the completion of assignment (which includes those whose assignment is to be completed within six months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability that is attributable to military service or invalidity.||5 years|
|Persons who are ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
SBI PO Exam Recruitment 2019: Application Form
- Go to the official website of SBI PO – www.sbi.co.in
- Navigate through the website and you will find the ‘CAREERS Click Here’ link
- Then click on ‘Latest Announcements’
- Then click on ‘Download Advertisement (English)’to receive the official notification and then click on the ‘Apply Online’ link for the SBI PO 2019 Application Form.
- Now click on ‘Click Here for New Registration’ link.
- Read all the instructions very carefully and then click on ‘continue’.
- Enter your basic details like name, mobile number, and Email ID.
- Enter the security code and click on ‘Save & Next’. After that, a Provisional Registration Number and Password will be sent to you through SMS and Email.
- Now upload scanned images of your Photograph and Signature and then click on ‘Next’.
- Enter the post for which you applied for, your category and other personal details like your postal address along with PIN code. Recheck all the details and then click on ‘Save & Next’.
- After that, enter all your educational and experience details as well and validate all the information and then click on ‘Save & Next’.
- Check all the details that you have entered once again. If everything is correct click on the box against the declaration statement. Then click on ‘Final Submit’.
- Then upload scanned image of hand-written declaration in the prescribed format.
- Then make payment of your SBI PO 2019 application form and get a print out of it and the confirmation page as well for future reference.
SBI PO Exam Recruitment 2019: Selection Procedure
The SBI PO exam follows a three-tier selection process and candidates are required to get through each of the stage to reach the next level of the examination.
- SBI PO Preliminary Examination
- SBI PO Main Exam
- Group Exercises and Interview
- Final Selection
SBI PO Exam Recruitment 2019: Admit Card
The State Bank of India issues separate Admit Cards for each stage of the SBI PO examination. Admit card for prelims are issued after successful registration of the exam. For the admit card of mains exam, the candidates who have cleared the prelims will receive a call letter. The SBI PO hall ticket for Personal interview will be issued only to those candidates who would clear the SBI PO Main exam.