One of the esteemed government sector vacancies in India is the Railway Jobs. The Indian Railways offer more than 1 lakh vacancies every year through online application mode, in various RRBs.
Indian Railways– it is India’s national railway system which is operated by the Ministry of Railways. Services offered by the Indian Railways are as follows; parcel carrier, passenger railways, catering and tourism services, freight services, parking lot services, and other related services. By size, Indian Railways manages the fourth largest railway network in the world, with a route length of 67,367 km (41861 mi) and a total track length of 121,407 km (75,439 mi) as of March 2017. Its Headquarter is in New Delhi, India.
Railway Recruitment 2019 list:
|Railway Name||Name of the post & total vacancies||Last date to apply|
|DMRC||Various managers, surveyors, analyst- 100||September 2019|
|Northern Railway MTS 2019||Multi Tasking Staff – 118||September 2019|
|RITES Limited||Various managers, engineers – 50||September 2019|
|BECIL Railway jobs||Junior engineer, maintainer- 47 vacancies in metro rail based company in Delhi||16.09.2019|
|North Central Railway||Teachers, Lecturers – 22||30.09.2019|
|East Central Railway||Group C, D posts under sports quota and guide quota – 33||15.09.2019|
|Western Railway||Group-C posts under sports quota – 21||13.09.2019|
|South Eastern Railway||Group C posts under sports quota – 21||13.09.2019|
|Mumbai Metro Rail||Engineers – 06||30.09.2019|
|Uttarakhand Metro Rail||Posts for civil electrical, revenue, administration, finance etc.||03.10.2019|
|Delhi Metro Rail DMRC||Various posts – 19||September 2019|
|Northern Railway||Catering supervisor, khalasi – 14||12.09.2019|
|Integral Coach Factory||Junior clerk, senior clerk, technician – 13||19.09.2019|
|DLW Varanasi||Cultural quota, sports quota – 12||19.09.2019|
|IRCON Limited||Chief general manager, executive director – 03||19.09.2019|
|Railway Board||Director (official language)- 01||November 2019|
|Rail coach factory||Technician III – 08||16.09.2019|
|Latest engineer jobs||Various engineering post – 2000+||September 2019|
All the job posts have exact last date to apply and demand certain criteria for eligibility. The criteria for eligibility for Railway Jobs include age limit, education qualification, which varies from post to post. Job seekers can have a ride to the world of Railway recruitment, with such a huge number of vacancies under Railway Recruitment2019.
- For Group C & D – Minimum 10th standard pass or ITI or equivalent trade.
- For Group A & B – graduate or postgraduate.
Recruitment against quota:
- Sports quota, guides & scouts quota, and cultural quota.
Railway Recruitment Posts:
Gazetted (Group ‘A’ and ‘B’) And Non- Gazetted (Group ‘C’ and ‘D’).
- Group ‘A’ posts are carried out by UPSC, appointed through Engineering Service Exam, Civil Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
- Group ‘B’ posts are not open to directly. These posts link Section Officers Grade; upgrade posts from Group ‘C’ Railway employees on deputation basis.
- Group ‘C’ Posts includes technical and non- technical cadre posts such as station master, clerk, ticket collector, traffic apprentice, commercial apprentice, engineering posts (mechanical, civil, signal & telecommunication, electrical, etc.).
- Group ‘D’ Posts includes truckman, assistant point man, helper, peon etc.
- Other Posts includes ITI Apprentices, cultural quota, scouts & guide quota, sports quota etc.
Procedure Of Selection
- The applicant would be selected on the basis of written examination.
- There is no interview in this, but yes for very few of the posts like posts of Group A & B, there is an interview after the written examination.
- While for some of the posts there is a skill test that is like stenography test or typing test. And for some of the posts (like assistant station master, assistant loco pilot) there is an aptitude test.