The applicants can meet the eligibility criteria, fees, selection process and other criteria via the Ph.D. degree program admissions. The CSJMU Kanpur University provides all the details on the official website itself.
Insight Regarding The Program
- CSJMU provides Ph.D. programs for the session of 2019-20 by conducting the Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj university entrance test.
- The CSJM University offers admission to the Ph.D. program 2019 in various disciplines according to the UGC regulations of the board in 2016.
Duration Of The Course: the Ph.D. program will be for a minimum duration of three years which includes coursework. It can maximally exceed up to 6 years.
What are the subjects in which Ph.D. is offered?
- Life science
- Business management
- Advanced social science study
CS JM Univ. Kanpur Ph.D. Admission – Important dates
- Commencement of Online application: 08th January 2019
- Website closure for submission of online application: 11th February 2019
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of completed application: 16th February 2019
- Admit Card Release: 18th February 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 26th February 2019
- Declaration of Entrance Result: 04th March 2019
CSJMU Kanpur Ph.D. Admission – Eligibility criteria
- The candidate who applies for the Ph.D. program must have a master’s degree or a professional degree that has been declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the authorities. The candidate must have 55% marks in the aggregate or at least must possess B grade in the UGC-7 point scale. If not these, then he should have a degree recognized from foreign educational institutes that have been acknowledged by the Accreditation agency which is an approved and authorized organization. This must be established or incorporated under a law in the home country itself or statutory authority which is for the sole purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring the quality and standards of quality educational institutions.
- Relaxation of 5% marks has been given to the SC/ST/OBC/ differently-abled and other candidates according to the decision of the Commission timely. It is basically for those who have obtained their master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991.
- The students who will be eligible for the relaxation marks and the eligibility marks will be those who qualify the examination based on the cutoff without including the grace marks.
- The candidate will also be allowed to pursue the research for the Ph.D. degree in the subject in which he has done his master’s.
- Those who have an M.Com or MSc in agriculture economics will also be permitted to work for the Ph.D. degree in economics in the faculty of art and MA. The candidates will be eligible to give the examination thereafter.
- If the candidate is an MA or MSc holder in Mathematics then he will be permitted to work for the Ph.D. degree in statistics in the faculty of science.
CSJMU Kanpur Ph.D. Admission – Process of selection
- The admission of the candidates will be based on the entrance examination entitled as Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University entrance test.
- The examination will be conducted in clause (8) of section 7 of the Uttar Pradesh state universities act 1973. The examination will be conducted in various languages according to the preference of the candidates.
How to apply for the CSJMU Kanpur Ph.D. admission 2019 application process
- The Ph.D. application form must be filled online for admission to the Ph.D. program
- The online application form will be filled by the candidates who are required to appear for the entrance test as well as by the candidates who have been exempted from the entrance test for getting an admission to the Ph.D. program.
- The print out of the application form with all the enclosures must reach the following:
- In charge academics
- EDP Center, Center for academics
- CSJM university, Kanpur
- The envelope which contains the application form must be superscribed as “Application for phD entrance” and name must be mentioned very clearly on the envelope.
- The applications which are received after the due date or without the fee that has been prescribed or other documents etc are rejected there and then.
- The detailed information regarding the syllabus and other Ph.D. entrance examination 2019 related information is made available on the link “online application for admission to phD degree program 2019”at the website www.kanpuruniversity.org.
Details regarding the fee
- Application fee for each subject is Rs1500/- for the general as well as OBC category and Rs1000/- for SC as well as ST category.
- The fee is however non-refundable and if, in any case, the candidates plan to not to give the examination, it will not be refunded.
The candidates have been advised to check the eligibility in order to appear for the CSJMU ET 2019. The organizing institution won’t be verifying the eligibility but it will be verified at the time of counselling with the original documents.
- This is some of the important information regarding the examination process, fee, general structure and important dates. The candidates must verify all these before they appear for the examination.
- Any kind of inconvenience faced, must be reported to the official authorities so that necessary changes can be made accordingly.
- The candidates can study the sample papers in order to gain some experience regarding the kind of questions that would be asked in the examination.
- The entire article must be read by the ones who aim to surpass the examination with good marks.
These are some of the details regarding the CSJMU Kanpur Ph.D. Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application Process.